Sunday, June 13, 2010

We love our Grandpa more!

My Grandpa Lindsay passed away.  We miss him dearly but I am grateful for the peace that has come.  He was truly one of the best men I have known.  To Luke he was Grandpa More.  It started because Grandpa always had a treat in his pocket and Luke seemed to pick up on that pretty quick and whenever he saw him he would say more more.  Then as Luke got older Grandpa started to have him blow on the candy and then "throw" it in the air.  It was so sweet to see them develop a relationship. My Grandpa was such a fixture in my growing up years and it meant so much for me that he was able to meet Luke and get to know and grow to love him.  I was sort of able to relive a bit of my childhood.

He sealed Bryan and I.  And then 6 years later sealed Luke to us.  Bryan and I were discussing about he always made us feel special.  Whenever we came to a family party it felt like he was waiting for us.  I talked to my cousins and they felt the same way he had an amazing way of showing love and caring about each individual. 

As I try to think of my favorite memories of Grandpa almost all of them are of Grandpa and Grandma.  They were such a great team.  I feel like in these days we really prize dependence...but to me they were a great example of interdependence.  This is something Bryan and I strive for. 

I am forever grateful for the impact he made in my life, he makes me want to be better.  To remember the things that are truly important. 

Till we meet again.

3 comments:

Nichole W. said...

I'm so sorry about you grandpa. What a sweet video, a precious memory. It made me tear up a little because my grandpa has such a special place in my heart! Yours seems like he was a special one, too!

Katie said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Emily.

Mary Pugh said...

Love the video. It makes me cry.