Monday, January 5, 2009

Who would of thought court could be so great



We were finally able to finalize Luke's adoption. I didn't think much about the court itself I was just really looking forward to this day. But it ended up being one of the sweetest experiences.

First when we went into the court house they asked what we were here for when we said adoptions they just let us right in, no metal detector, removing cell phones etc. I loved it but couldn't figure out why at the time. But now I think it because throughout this whole adoption process we have been questioned, tested, checked and double-checked at every corner (which by the way I totally understand) so it was really nice to be trusted.

Then we got into the court room. We had our families there supporting us which was so sweet. Luke was loving every minute of being in a new and exciting place. He was banging his rattle on the table like a gavel. Our attorney first took our caseworker up to the stand and asked her questions, she also had to turn in several documents as evidence. Then we were asked to state our names and we each got to tell what our experience had been like having Luke in our home. I don't think there was many a dry eye in our family. We are all so grateful for our sweet little boy. It is amazing how one woman's selfless sacrice can change a family, even for generations to come. We are grateful beyond words for Luke's birthmother. And we count Luke as our most precious blessing.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Not a dry eye over here either. I'm SO glad to see that you were able to finalized the adoption. I can't tell you how happy I am for you.

Chad and Megs said...

Horray!! I'm so excited for you guys!!! Jaxon also just gave a "goo" of congratulations. I loved seeing you Em and meeting Mr. Luke. When are you guys getting sealed?

Nichole W. said...

Congratulations, that must be such a relief! He sure is cute!

Mary Pugh said...

Huzzah! What a great day! I am so happy for you guys!

Bingham fam said...

YEAH!!!! I am so happy for you guys! Congrats!