Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Some kids have sand boxes...


Luke has a flour pile. I have been making homemade bread lately. Even grinding my own flour. Crazy domestic, I know. Anyway, the first wheat that goes through a new grinder has to be thrown away, kind of cleans out the machine I guess. So I was showing Luke what I had made, letting him put his hands in the flour. It was getting a little messy so we went out on the back porch, it was so cute I had to grab the camera. I was gone for two seconds, and he dumped it. So for the past few days we have been playing in the flour file. I have decided that real toys are over rated. Luke would rather have Tupperware and a pile of flour any day.

3 comments:

Nichole W. said...

Very cute. One of my earliest memories is sitting on the counter while my mom was baking and she would let me play in the flour.
And a high five for making your own flour. Totally domestic.

Mary Pugh said...

Who needs sand anyway! That is so cute! I'd love to get your bread recipe. What kind of wheat grinder do you have...Chad and I have been thinking about getting one.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! He is so handsome!!