We have decided that while we only have one kiddo and he isn't super young and isn't potty training this is the perfect summer to just live it up and do all sorts of spur of the moment weekend getaways. On Thursday we were having a picnic lunch at the ponds by Bryan's work feeding the ducks etc and talking about how it would be fun to go somewhere. Bryan had Friday off so we needed to do something, right. Couldn't leave Thursday night cause I had book group at my house. So 4 a.m. we headed out. CRAZY.
- Saw the Tetons.
- Had a ton of fun in Yellowstone.
- Luke learned how to demonstrate a geyser.
- We stopped and pet every dog we saw.
- He made friends with the whole crowd while waiting for old faithful to go off, he is such a friendly little guy. But they did think he was talking about bullets at one point... when he wanted to "blow it" out :)
- Luke thinks that geysers are a "huge mess"
- We all had so much fun going down the waterslide at our hotel
- Don't leave at 4 a.m.
- Don't forget to pack a stroller
- Perhaps we should invest in a dvd player for the car.
At one point in yellowstone we were driving and saw our first Buffalo (buffo) Luke was drawing in the backseat and I couldn't quite tell if he had seen it. I was sure he had seen it when he said eat him, kiss him, pet him. That's our Luke.







2 comments:
Your adoption profile picture just melts my heart. You two are such sweet parents. I'm seriously about to cry because I'm so happy for you. Luke couldn't have ask for sweeter parents. :)
You guys are so fun. Way to carpe diem! Can't wait to see you guys soon.
Post a Comment