Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Theme night menu planning

So we are trying to make some changes in our home.  Just little things here and there to lengthen our lives or lengthen our stride or... well that's all the lengthens I can think of.  Anyway one of our goals is to eat better and to stresss less about meals.  And I am hoping to accomplish that via the Food Nanny.  A really perky lady (she has a show on PBS or one of those channels) that would drive me crazy in real life.   But her cookbook/concept is making me happy in the kitchen.  She suggests having every night be a theme night.  Like mexican, italian, etc.  Then you plan your menu around that theme and do all your shopping for two weeks.  I have tried things like this before.. menu planning or occasional theme nights and I love it when I do it, but I don't follow through, but we've got a system and its happening.

It's nice to know what we are having for dinner and then we can't convince the other that we should just grab a bite to eat.  Plus I can do easy meals on the nights I have YW always.  So far we are loving it, and I think it will save us money as I plan out two weeks and think what ingredients can I use meal to meal.


  •  Monday - Mexican
  • Tuesday - Italian
  • Wednesday - Meatless / Fish
  • Thursday - Date Night :)
  • Friday - Grill /Soup
  • Saturday - Pizza
  • Sunday - Family Traditions
Luke and I making dough on our favorite night...pizza night.   We have margherita pizza every week while we still have fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden...delish!

3 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

We do the Food Nanny plan too, though I do weekly shopping... You guys look like you're having loads of fun making pizza!

Melanie S. said...

Cool idea I'll look her up. Thanks for sharing!

Mary Pugh said...

Such a great idea! I'll have to check out the food nanny!