I love reading. I used to not want to list it as one of my hobbies, cause I thought it was lame, but ya know what it is, so deal with it. I love the journey to another place, I love learning about other times, people, I have always loved reading. Nerd alert ... in junior high I won medals for reading... I don't remember being crazy nerdy, but a reading award does seem like cold hard proof.
Anyway, I have always been really random in picking books I read. Often I go to my Mom and she'll hand me stack (always great). Other times I pick one off of the libraries shelf that they are advertising for the month (never gotten a horrible one, but never found a gem either). I will get a random recommendation and then put it on my list at the library to request when I am ready (but then I can never remember who told me about it, or what it is about by the time I am ready to read it). Classic book club, I really like this 'cause I get a good selection from people who like a variety of subjects, but I am looking for more.
Solution! Perhaps this is not news to anyone, but I am thrilled about it Goodreads. But not just Goodreads, I knew about that already, but I didn't find it super helpful, because unless I knew for sure that I had similar tastes or I could remember that a bunch of other people liked the book I never took the recommendations to heart. Until I discovered a section called "Popular Books Among My Friends"
Sorry I made great efforts to do a little picture from the website... but to no avail... I have no techy skills.
If you want to find it just go under the friends tab, and then the popular books tab.
I am excited to read some of the books I've found on this list.
P.S. if we aren't friends on goodreads let's be. I'd love to get a more diverse list. :)
2025 Books
6 months ago







3 comments:
Ahh good ole goodreads. I love that site. I'm on it so much and it's how I find most of my book recommendations. Thanks for the tip on the tab. I usually just go through my friend's lists and look at their books. When I see a common book among friends, I usually add it to my list.
Wow. I never knew about the popular among friends tab. Thanks for the recommendation. I don't think we're friends on there... my email address is kim {dot} woodbury {at} gmail {dot} com if you're interested... Have we ever met in person? It seems like we have, but then I can't think of when we would have... funny, I feel like I know you, sort of. :)
THANK YOU! I didn't know that either. I have read many from your list and have never been disappointed. You have excellent taste. Keep 'em coming. I wish you would have let your nerdiness rub off a bit more on me. I am new to reading for pure enjoyment, how did I survive before...I can't remember?
Post a Comment