Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I love technology, but not as much as you. . .

I have officially entered the 21st century. Our cell phone contract was up, so when we renewed we got new phones. For most people this wouldn't be that exciting, but for me it was big news. My phone was four years old, the kind with the external antenna and no features, which was okay until my screen went out. Now I have to make a confession, I am a call screener. I like to make informed decisions when I answer the phone. Now before anyone gets offended you have to also realize that half of the time I also don't have my phone with me. But there is nothing worse than answering the phone blindly, arg. How did we survive without caller ID?
Anyway, now I have a phone with a camera. And I have entered the world of text messaging. So if you are ever wanting to have a really, REALLY slow text conversation with someone, I'm your gal. I have to admit I didn't understand the point of texting at first, but I can see it definitely has its place.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oooh, I love texting. It is nice to ask someone one question and not have to have an entire conversation. (It's impersonal, but saves so much time!)

Katie said...

"But not as much as you, you see. But I still love technology"

Ah good old Napoleon Dynamite.

P.S. Your new phone rocks!