Wow, what an amazing few days we have had! I don't even know how to begin to express my joy. It all started on Friday morning. Our caseworker called us and asked if we could both come in to sign some paperwork during our lunch hour. We were a little suspicious because that is rumored to be code for come in to hear good news. But we tried not to get our hopes up. Finally lunch time came, and we headed over to LDSFS. Our caseworker took us into an empty room, and my heart sank, it must have been paperwork. Our caseworker had us sit down, then she handed us an envelope. I immediately started weeping. At some point we our shaking hands must have somehow got the envelope opened. Inside the envelope was a very sweet letter & an ultrasound.
The letter is from our birthmother Shiloh. She is 17 and is amazing. I am in awe of her courage, her strength, her unselfishness, and her love. It is so humbling to think of the trust she is placing in us. We have been in contact with her every day and we think that she is the neatest girl. Honestly every email we get from her I like her more. It is fun to see the things we have in common. We can't wait to meet her, and are planning on going down in April to meet her.
The sweetest thing about the experience for us is that we have seen Heavenly Father's hand guiding the process. Back when Bryan was job hunting we kept feeling pulled down to Georgia. So much so that we wondered aloud, "could our baby be in Georgia?" After a lot of prayer we ended up not taking that job. We didn't give it much more thought until we were turning in our profiles. We felt prompted to ask if they could send one of our packets to Georgia. They did, Shiloh's caseworker showed it to her, and I guess the rest is history.
We are so excited to meet our little one. So excited to be parents. We can't wait 'till June 20th
2025 Books
6 months ago







10 comments:
Hurray! I am so excited for the two of you!
Yay! What a special/nerve wracking time! That will be neat to go and meet her in April. She is due when I am, so our little ones will be the same age, how fun! Good luck with everything!
Melissa, You hit the nail right on the head. I guess that makes sense since you have been through it. I'd love any advice you have!
Hi you two. I can't even begin to explain how happy I am for you, you two are the most deserving people, and a BOY yeah Brock and Zackary will have a little wild cousin to play with and since Brock and Zack are his cousins he will be wild so just you wait. Reading you message tonight I can't help but cry anytime I think of you two and what a lucky baby he his to get you two as his mommy and daddy.
I can't tell you how happy I am for you! You're going to be one amazing mommy!
Anytime you want to talk, I am game! Email me...we can get together sometime, or just talk on the phone if you want to! I'm so excited for you guys.
I was so excited to hear your wonderful news! This is a very fortunate child to be blessed with two wonderful parents. You have waited a long time for this and you deserve every minute of happiness that comes your way!
I'm so happy for you two! I found your link on Kristina's blog.... and I am just so excited for you to get your little guy. What a blessing!
-Laurie Larsen (Bryan's cousin)
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog. What an exciting time for your family. Adoption is such a wonderful blessing. It nice to be able to meet others who are going through the same experiences. Best of luck to you! I will be checking back.
As always I find great blogs from the r house. I am excited to read the rest of your journey. You are such a cute couple and just radiate love in your picture. I pray for this journey to continue to be smooth and joyous. It is the most amazing experience anyone could experience. I pray for Miss Shiloh. I admire those at such a young age that consider placing or that do place. Such a mature outlook on life.
Post a Comment