Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Georgia on my mind

Well we finally met Shiloh. I didn't think I would be too nervous but as I sat in the car waiting to meet her I went through a range of emotions I will never forget. We got to the meeting spot and when it was time to meet, her caseworker Hannah called us to say that Shiloh was picking up dog food so she would be a bit late. An hour later with no word, we were starting to think that dog food was a code for changing her mind. There is a whole new vocab in adoption who knew maybe that is just another one. But shortly thereafter Shiloh and Hannah pulled up. Never have I seen a more welcome sight. Shiloh is great. She has an awesome personality, I am so impressed by her strength , and she seemed like a ton of fun. It ended up being a really fun weekend, for the most part it was really comfortable. We all had similar personalities and got along really well. We will treasure the days we spent with her forever. Everything we learned will be so neat to share with our son as he grows. And I hope that we were able to put her mind at ease that we are semi normal people who truly do have her baby's best interests at heart and will do everything in our power to raise him to the best of our ability and give him every opportunity. The more I learn about adoption the more I realize it truly is a miracle. I am so glad our Father in Heaven is in charge. I have learned to put my trust in him like never before, and I am sure that it will only grow as the process continues.

Another thing we found out is that the birth father may be signing the papers soon, so keep him your prayers

7 comments:

Kristina said...

I love you guys. Adopted people are THE COOLEST - but that's just me. LOL...... I am so excited for the two of you..

JANEAL said...

That's great that your meeting went so well. It's good to have it over isn't it. I remember how nervous I was and then when it's done you think...why was I nervous? I wish you the best of luck!

Melissa said...

Yay! I'm so glad it went well. Good Luck with everything!

Katie said...

I'm so glad you guys were finally able to meet. You're going to make excellent parents to that lucky little one.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your blog from Kristina's, and somehow you found us too! We are way excited for you all and hope everything with your new baby goes well. It must be so exciting and nerve-racking all at the same time right now until everything goes through. My good friend and her husband are also trying to adopt through LDS Social Services, so she's been telling me all that they've had to do, which I'm sure is similar to what you and Bryan have gone through.

Lindsey from The R House said...

oh my heck! what exciting times. i remember meeting nicole for the first time and thinking that my heart was going to beat right out of my chest.

i too am SO glad that heavenly father is in charge and that both nicole and mr. r and i listened.

adoption is such a miracle. i can't wait to read more on how your story unfolds. i am excited to add you as one of my adoption friends on my blog. i will be back!!

much love!

Harper said...

I found your blog tonight, and I really enjoy your thoughts.

I am adopted, and I can't thank my birth mother or parents enough for giving me such a wonderful life.

You will be terrific parents. :)