Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hooray for Birthfathers that catch the vision!

Wonderful news at our house.
Darin signed the papers!
On top of that he wants to have some sort of communication with us.
Wonderful news!

Originally we were told that he probably wouldn't take any action which meant we would be on pins and needle for 30 days after the little one is born. We are so grateful for his decision and we are so thankful for Shiloh's help. Word's can't express our love for her. It is also really exciting that we are going to have some sort of contact with him. In our limited experiences with adoption it seems rare to have the birthfater want to be involved. How neat will it be to be able to his personality and heritage, it will be such a treasure.

7 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so glad that he decided to sign the papers. It must be such a huge relief! I know how much you love Shiloh and I can't blame you! :)

Kristina said...

YIPPEE!! I am so happy to hear he signed the papers which I am sure wasn't easy for him. I am so happy for you two and love you both so much, can't wait to see this little one.

Melissa said...

Congrats! That will add so much to your little guy's life. I am very excited for you, it is getting close! Do you have your bag packed for that middle of the night phone call? :)

Lacey Jay said...

What wonderful news! That will be much more relaxing knowing he's on board. I'm so excited for you guys! Yes, adoption is wonderful. Thanks for your comment on my blog. The support we've received is amazing. It's neat to connect with another adoptive couples, there's an instant love, understanding and compassion for them, even if you don't know them. I hope everything continues to go smoothly:)

Mary Pugh said...

YEAH! I am so happy for you guys!

Kimberly said...

Hi, I found your blog though Mrs. R.'s post today. I noticed that your birth mother's case worker is Hannah in Georgia. Hannah is awesome! We worked with her on our daughter's adoption, and even ended up naming our daughter after her. She takes amazing care of her birth mothers, and of everyone she works with.

Congratulations on everything!

Whitneymwall said...

Emily- I totally stumbled onto your blog today! YAY! And I have often wondered what happened to you after highschool, I am glad that you appear to be doing well! Congrats on the adoption. We have seen what a wonderful thing adoption is by watching some of our close friends and family mambers as they have adopted. We have a blog too-check it out if you ever get hte chance!
Take Care-
-Whitney (Bagley) Wall

p.s. I'm still really sorry about that time I pushed you into the pool. I hope that you've forgiven me...:)