Monday, October 20, 2008

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy Lukes got Food in his Tummy


Luke has been enamored with food from day one. At our last doctor's appointment we asked when we should start to think about solids. Our Doctor said that sometime between 4 - 6 months. He recommended pushing it out as far as we could, but that each baby is different and some will just not let you go that long, they will be asking for food & such. Being the new (and therefore perfect mother that I thought I was) I was sure I would make it the whole six months. It would possibly help to stave off allergies and can have nutritional benefits and I couldn't see Luke "asking" for food. Well lets just say he started asking. He asked by putting his hand in my hot soup bowl, crying every time we ate, reaching for everything I ate. It is amazing how he can get his point across. Long story short, he started rice cereal, just 1 TBS once a day, but it is so fun now to see him open his mouth and eat like a big boy. We also get quite a few more baths in, which is also fun, because he loves splashing.

Lessons Learned:
Thicken the cereal way more than they say
Feed him Naked (I have a loose version of naked)

As always, I LOVE this boy!

1 comments:

Mary Pugh said...

That is so cute that he wanted your food! What a smart kid...Way to go Luke...that milk only stuff is just for babies!