Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Utah...It's not a blizzard unless you need a backhoe and a rescue party

We had a really fun family retreat this weekend, to celebrate my little brother Mark's return from the Philippines.  We stayed at a cabin in the Uintahs, we didn't however pay very close attention to the weather report, and before we knew it we were in the middle of a blizzard the highway was closed, and we had to get a back hoe and a rescue team of two trucks to get us out.   We were stranded there for an extra night...but frankly if you could see this place stranded hardly seems like the right word.  It was gorgeous.  Then we get home and hear about the storm of the centery they close schools etc.  and we only get two inches of snow.   :) 

Some fun pics of our trip.

Luke had a blast...I think this is one of the many new dance moves he broke out.

Livin' it up

Doing our best to dig ourselves out

My dad and brother learning the ropes.
Making trips back through the tundra to the car for necessities like food, medicine...

and of course the xbox...while they were there. 
Owen always with the grand entrance.

1 comments:

Melanie S. said...

I wish I could plan getting stranded somewhere beautiful with people I love...how awesome!