Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lucky?


People often comment how lucky Luke is to have us to be his parents. Some more perceptive people comment on how lucky we are to be his parents. As I have heard these comments lately and as I sit each day and look into his sweet eyes I can't help but know that I am more than lucky I am overwhelmingly blessed. I know that Heavenly Father has watched out for me, for Bryan, and for Luke. I know this is right. Adoption is amazing and if you haven't been a part of it I don't know that you are able to fully understand. Most of Bryan's family is adopted and I knew that they were all loved the same. But before going through it myself I didn't know what a powerful and sweet experience it was. More than I can share here really, but I know that God's hand is in our lives, I know he cares about us in the small things and in the big. I know that Luke was meant to be our son. I love being his Mom and I am so grateful for the miracles great and small that made that possible.

6 comments:

Katie said...

I teared up while reading that. How beautiful. I agree, I think you'd have to experience it to really understand. I think all three of you are lucky. :) You're so sweet, Emily.

Kristina said...

What a cute shirt he has on..lol..

You two are the greatest people and am go glad that he is a part of OUR whole BIG family.

Can't wait to see you 3 this weekend..

Melissa said...

We heard that all the time at the beginning, too...(then it started to bother me, so I am glad you are so good about it.) You all are lucky all around, he is lucky to come to such a great family, but having a sweet little baby does make you the luckiest in the world! I am so glad that your family has come together in such a special way, when we adopted Sienna it was a time where we felt the hand of the Lord so strongly in our lives. I hope you are just loving snuggling him, and trying to get some sleep! Congrats, we will have to have a playdate in the future!

Katy said...

He is an adorable miracle. I hope we get to meet him soon and hope that your first few weeks together are going well - you think you love him now...just imagine how much you will love him as you get to know him - it gets even better!

Ashley said...

Emily-I was blog snooping and came across yours through Melissa's blog. I am sooo extremely excited for you! Congratulations! Love, Ashley VanDyke

Kimber said...

He is so cute in that picture! I am so happy for you guys...I wanted to give you my new blog...kimberlyons.blogspot.com