Monday, March 22, 2010

Saturday was bliss and Sunday...only slightly amiss





This weekend we decided we would go on a weekend getaway to Zion. Best decision ever! We had so much fun! This is the first time we have ever taken Luke to a National Park or family trip with just our little family...so we were super excited and a little anxious to see how it would all work out.

The drive down went really well except I have never seen such a long expanse with out a McDonalds (and where else would we eat breakfast...I needed my Sausage biscuit and Luke needed his big fry i.e. hashbrown) But finally we found our breakfast and made it to the park. I was reading the pamphlet as we drove in and apparently I really emphasized that there were a lot of birds, cause the whole time we were there look would find the highest point he could get to and yell bird...bird. It was hilarious. I guess he thinks they are like dogs and come when you call. He loved our little hike, loved marching and walking backwards, picking up sticks and dirt clods, daddy dunking him in waterfalls, and having treats. We are so excited to go back.

We made it to the hotel and went swimming, went out to eat and then realized how truly exhausted we were.

Sunday morning we woke up (in the 4 o'clock hour...yikes) Bryan was sick and Luke was teething with his 2 year old molars. Then somehow we visited the most reverent ward in the church...it was awful... I don't think there was another toddler in the bunch. So even when I take him out to the hallways, everyone is reverent and quiet and we made quite the scene. I have never been so grateful for my rambunctious ward!

Anyway we had so much fun and are so grateful that Luke shares our love for the outdoors and fun family vacations.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, Zions! Looks/sounds like such a blast!

Melanie S. said...

I haven't been there for such a long time, looks beautiful! I know what you mean about a more mautre ward. When we visit my mom we are the nursery!

Katy said...

I haven't checked your blog in awhile and my GOODNESS - Luke is looking so big! He's a little boy now!

You guys look like you are having lots of adventures up there in UT!